Montag, 11. Februar 2008

sum-up-flashlight

Where hve I been...

uh, where do I start...

From christchurch 'round almost the complete South Island, Ferry Picton-Wellington and rather straight up to Auckland. All that in one month, with my Sweetheart. For place-name-dropping refer to his post (in German). I won't even try to recall it all here. It was great, amazing, beautiful, intense... And now I'm on my own again. Gave him back at Auckland Airport.

Didn't exactly love Auckland City, but Rangitoto Island was a blast. Insread of the last ferry, I was invited on a private sailboat back to Auckland. Two days later, I
slept over on a marae (Maori meeting house) and helped out in the zero waste policy on the Orakei Domain during Waitangi Day Festival with some sixty other volunteers. (Even met some friends friend Kim again by the main stage - by pure chance in that crowd...) More strange names: Ngati Whatua O Orakei - Kaimahi. Am now part of the Orakei 'family' for a lifetime. Cool, huh?


The very next day, I rolled on to Hawke's Bay by Intercity Coach, and that's where I am now, for the apple season. Got sheltered in a workers' sleepout in a Taradale Orchard (next to Napier), though my friendly host can't offer me work at the moment. Should be looking for jobs, but It looks like I won't hasten it. Just came back from a doctor, because my knee's acquaintance with the volcanic gravel on beautiful Rangitoto Island turned out fouly after a week. But nothing too serious. Just glad I'm not in a jungle or in the 18th century and there are pharmacists around every other corner... brave new world. I'll be alright. Even gonna ride home by bike. So please no worries on my behalf.

Have yourselves a good one, I gotta go. Online time is good money here ;)

cheers!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen