Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2007

Itinerary Vol 1

In response to a Canadian friend's mailed question, what I'll be doing this summer and where, I just happened to finish my itinerary.
Okay, Australia I'm coming... Here's the plan:

This year, it's going to be Australia and New Zealand; I've got these two Working Holiday Maker Visa. How about meeting there? I can stay for a year whith each visa, so I could in theory sum it up to 15 months at most, but the flight ticket l booked limits my stay to 12 months. Anyways, I feel like 10 months is enough.

After a few days stopover in Singapore, I'll start in Melbourne on the 17th of September and acclimatize there for ten weeks or so.
By December 10th, I'll have to have a foot on NewZealandic ground lest my visa with the work-permit go bye-bye.
The rest is variable. The return flight for next year is from Melbourne again, but the date isn't fixed yet because pre-booking only works for 350 days ahead, so it's nominally in May, and I'll change the date for 100 € in April, when I'll know much better . I decided to organize the internal flights or any other ways of transport in situ, with the help of local insiders.

  • I want to see platypi and echidnae (definitely. period. Lost mission without. But they are said to be in several places),
  • national parks and wild life in general,
  • some NZ (my boyfriend says it's worth as much travel time as the big AUS),
  • some Tasmania (no idea when and where to fit it into a route, so it seems like a complete extra tour, because from Tassie, I cannot find any direct flights to NZ, like the map would have suggested),
  • some outback (possibly including Coober Pedy and, once I'm close, the inevitable Uluru, in case I make enough money, some rail miles via Ghan...),
  • the Great ocean road later on around May 2008 (QLD rainforest, bush tucker, koalas, coastline til you drop) northwards, as far as I can get, with the southern winter in my back (either hiring or buying a campervan or even hitch-hiking)
  • ideally flying home out of Cairns in July 2008.

    Along my way, I'm interested in any kind of budget and shoestring goodies, work, WWOFing, ride- and flatshares, travelmates, insider tips... hosts of course! I would also like to make it a musical discovery trip. Busking is an option I'd also give a try.

That's it for now. Welcome to the English section of this blog :)
Your comments are highly welcome! Thanks in advance.

--xoni

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hi Sonja-sounds like you are going to have a great time travelling. I'd really recommend the Cradle Mountain walk in Tasmania: http://www.discovertasmania.com.au/home/index.cfm?SiteID=396 I did most of this walk a couple of years ago in November. In places we walked through snow which was very exciting for me as, when it snows where I live, the ground is usually not cold enough for the snow to stay long. I've got arthritis in my knees so I didn't do the last bit of the walk which required a bit more agility than I have. The other thing I enjoyed about Tasmania was the cute place names like "Snug".
    We had a koala on campus today!

    Cheers

    purpledays

    AntwortenLöschen